If you intend to hire someone, conduct a thorough background check.
Review the application for the position being offered; review the applicant’s resume, either of which could contain false data or misleading information.
Ask: This applicant appears to meets our high standards, but, is what I’m looking at accurate and truthful? Are important details missing?”
Nullify misgivings by conducting a thorough Employee Background Screening Check.
Here is the methodology the pros use – the “order” in which to move forward.
Personal Information and Identity Verification
o Identity Verification. . . . . You must prove or disprove identity and confirm “identifiers” – DOB, SSN, & addresses which were reported on credit applications.
o Also Know As (aka’s). . . .What other names are associated with subject’s SSN?. Q: Has subject used other Social Security numbers or “identifiers” in the past? Might this be a cause for concern?
o People Associated with your Subject’s SSN
o Current/Previous Addresses. Search returns time periods of occupancy.
o Names of People listed where your subject has resided. . . . Including family members, spouses ,and roommates.
o Phone Summary
o Property Owners of Subject’s Residence,
o Properties Owned by Subject
o Associates, Relatives, and Neighbors
o Social Security Death Index
o Credit Headers – Three Bureaus
o Driver License Search . . . .Search will return accurate DOB information.
o Driver’s Record . . …. May include Name and Mailing Address, State where f previous Driver License was issued, Offense/Court Location.
Business Associations & Professional Information o Business Credit Check . . . .Lists owners and management, credit worthiness
o Partnerships and Corporate Affiliations
o Professional Licensing
o Employment Verification. . . . . Employers verify employment & confirm “from-to” dates of employment.
o Education Verification . . . . . Provide dates of attendance. Was a degree earned?. o o Professional License: Verify. . . . .
o Corporation/Partnership . . . . Check each state’s Secretary of State of database by name. Also check by corporate/ partnership name.
Civil Court Records
o Lawsuits, Evictions
o Judgments, Liens
o Federal Civil Court
Check four levels of criminal records: National Department of Correction database for felons; State-wide and County Criminal Court databases. Check national Sex Offender databases. o Arrests & Warrants
o Federal Criminal Courts Records
o County Criminal Court Records
o DUI/DWI – Driving Records. .. . .
o Statewide Criminal Court Records . . . . Check of subject’s states of recorded residence.
o Nationwide Criminal Record Search: Department of Corrections (DOC).National felons database
o Sexual Offender Search: . . . . Check each state’s lists of sexual offenders
o Office of Foreign Assets Control. (OFAC) . . . .Criminals/terrorists of the world.
One Final Note: Employers of small businesses with a few staff members, as well as those who run large Human Resource Departments of major companies, should follow one simple rule: “Check ‘em out!” Don’t let anyone into your inner circle who has not been thoroughly “vetted.”
- The Negative Results of Hiring an Employee Without Proper Background and Credit Screening
- The Guide To Background Investigations
- ESR Blog The latest on Employment Screening Background Checks
- Background Checks Must For Pre-Employment Background Screening
- Fingerprint-based background checks implementation of the National Child Protection Act of 1993 : report to the Honorable Fred Thompson, U.S. Senate
- Mortgage Powerpoint Templates | Mortgage Background for Powerpoint Presentation
- Examining the statutory requirements and funding sources for background investigations in Kansas
- The do's and don'ts of background screening
- Fashion Entrepreneurship: Retail Business Planning
- The Guide To Background Investigations (A comprehensive source directory for employee screening) Reviews