Domain Investing – Investments That Pay Dividends (Part 1)
Article by Smash Masterson
Domain investing has never been a great favorite not even amongst the most experienced marketers. There are various theories to just what domain investing is, but basically they all point at a need for casual traffic which therefore generates a poor return.
The general consensus of opinion nowadays is that a domain name is not important and that NoggyDog.net is just as good as Banks.Com, with the understanding that the content on each site is identical. Now I too used to believe this but I can assure you now that I was completely mistaken. I will reveal the awesome value of domain investments with a couple of questions for you. Which domain name would you consider to be most valuable but strictly on a valuation basis?… Google.com or Books.com?
I expect most of you have answered Google.com as it does stand out just a bit, but incredibly it is not the correct answer and this is why. Google is as we know just the brand of a search engine and it is not very often used as a keyword. The important thing that comes out of this is that when you own a domain name, you have total power over your keyboard.
The domain name Google.com is one of the short names that sound cool and easy to remember and I too have several similar type domain names. They only receive minimum traffic as they are not proper words that people would use to find something and the same would have applied to Google. This type of domain name investment could cost millions of dollars in branding costs, otherwise it would only earn a couple of bucks a year through click revenue and at auction would only sell for about 2000 dollars.
Now try and just think what you could do with a domain name like Books.com and just how much casual traffic you would get. The is commonly known as type-in traffic or direct navigation. If I were to base this on established type-in click-through metrics for the domain industry plus my own personal experience, I would expect a domain name like Books.com would normally receive up to 5000 type-in visitors a day, which is an incredible 125,000 monthly hits. (All revealed in part 2)…coming soon.
I absolutely love domaining, and do it with love and passion for 10 – 12 hours a day. Every week, I review and search through tens of thousands of generic keyword domain names from expired lists, drop services, auctions, and forums, and register hundreds. Quite often, I end up with great lists of names I simply can’t use.
- Online Auction Software Include Following Actions
- Online Auction Services Encourage Honest Business Practices!
- Online Auction And World Wide Business
- Online Auction Bid - Learn how to save money on Online Auction Bid
- Bidcid com is an exciting new online auction site where you can buy brand new products at a fraction of the retail cost
- Dawn of the eBay Deadbeats: True Tales of Treachery, Lies, and Fraud from the Dark Recesses of the World's Largest Online Auction Marketplace
- The Most Impressive New Online Auction Sites
- One of The Best New Online Auction Sites
- Leiloes (Auction). Leilao Online (Online Auction), and Leilao de Electronics (Electronic Auction) Overview
- Forex News Alerts - The Danger of Forex News and Tips